Visual Studio 2010 RC Installation Issue on Windows XP machine

While trying to install VS 2010 RC on my windows XP sp3 machine, I was facing this issue that the installer wasn't able to install any of the components after it installed .Net Framework 4.0. Once I installed .NET Framework 4.0, it prompted me to restart the machine, and on restart nothing really happened (though the setup was expected to resume). I re-clicked the setup and still nothing happened.


So after trying to re-install VS 2010 a couple times, I found out the solution to the problem -
Display the language bar at the taskbar, right-click on it and choose settings. Then remove the hand writing support from the list. There is a bug in the RC for computers with touch screens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The key specified to compute a hash value is expired, only active keys are valid.

IFD Implementation for custom web pages and Anonymous Access

Using CRM Services to create or update records in large numbers